|City: Huntsville||Street: N/A
|Employment Type: Seasonal||Salary: $8.9/Hr
|Schedule: June - November 2013||
The successful candidates will provide friendly, efficient service of food and beverages desired by guests, and collect payment for such items. Guests must feel welcome, comfortable, and well attended to at all times.
Education & Experience
* Experience in a hotel or a related field is preferred.
* Smart Serve Certified required
* Must have high school diploma.
Skills & Abilities
* Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
* Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
* Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
* Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
* Must demonstrate the ability to handle problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
* Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust, or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
* Must demonstrate the ability to work with and understand financial information with data and basic arithmetic functions.
* The desired candidate will be upbeat, outgoing and guest oriented with a sincere, helpful and friendly personality.
* Long hours sometimes required.
* Medium work – exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
* Must occasionally transport beer kegs and cases of liquor, beer, wine, etc.
Duties & Functions
* Have full knowledge of entire menu, as well as daily specials
* Wash all glassware and maintain a sanitary environment in accordance with the health codes.
* Take all guest orders, ring them in, and expedite the orders from the kitchen in a presentable and timely manner.
* Receive payment for food and beverage provided and provide change to guests.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
* Comply at all times with Atlific and Deerhurst Resort standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Complete opening/closing duties according to standards set forth.
* Complete all side work and cleaning duties as described on checklists.
Tools & Equipment
* Credit card machine, glasses, blender glass washer, cappuccino machine, juice machine, pop dispensing machine, coffee machine, milk machine, calculator, carpet sweeper.