|Position: Senior Macroeconomist
|Country: United States||City: Arlington
|Posted Date: 3/12/2018
Nathan Associates seeks qualified candidates for a Senior Macroeconomist position within the company’s Economic Policy and Governance (EP&G) line of business based in our headquarters in Arlington, Virginia. The successful candidate will serve four primary functions: (1) provide thought leadership to EP&G; (2) identify new business development opportunities and help generate new business; (3) provide analytical or technical assistance support on existing economic development projects; and (4) supervise and mentor staff from the EP&G team. The successful candidate will collaborate with all Nathan staff across the different international development practices, including our offices in London, Delhi, and Chennai. This position requires intermittent international travel.
- Lead preparation of white papers, policy briefs, or thought pieces in an area pertinent to EP&G’s line of business.
- Serve as a panelist or presenter in external expert panels, seminars, or conferences.
- Liaise with current and potential clients and other stakeholders and showcase Nathan’s work in economic policy and governance.
- In collaboration with the EP&G Vice President and Nathan’s Business Development team, lead Nathan’s pursuit of specific opportunities with international development organizations, such as USAID, MCC, World Bank, DFID, and others.
- Conduct information and data gathering trips to formulate appropriate technical approach for anticipated Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- Lead preparation of technical methodology for program implementation in response to RFPs.
- Serve as peer reviewer to ensure quality of technical proposals prepared by other staff.
- Develop/review marketing materials produced by EP&G staff.
- Conduct specific research or technical assistance activities in economic policy and analysis on existing Nathan projects on a short- or medium-term basis.
- Provide intermittent capacity building support to government agencies, private sector, civil society organizations, as well as client organizations.
- Serve as an in-house resource for brainstorming ideas and interventions with Nathan’s Chiefs of Party on existing projects.
- Respond to clients’ requests for concept proposals, methodological notes, or policy briefs on existing or potential projects.
- Demonstrate consistent, balanced project delegation, supervision and leadership skills across all areas of engagement.
- Supervise the work of and mentor junior and mid-level EP&G staff.
- Successfully work in a team environment, collaborate with Nathan experts, professionals from other firms, and client personnel to achieve engagement objectives.
- Exhibit the highest degree of professionalism, ethics, quality, and integrity.
- Ph.D. in Economics, Public Policy, or related field, with at least 17 years of experience.
- Technical assistance and training experience in macroeconomic policy analysis, in areas such as macroeconomic policy, fiscal policy, and economic growth models.
- Strong analytic skills, ability to conceptualize research methodology or program design.
- Experience working in developing countries, with senior levels of government, private sector, or civil society organizations.
- Experience working on projects funded by international development organizations, such as USAID, MCC, World Bank, and DFID.
- Experience with business development in a consulting environment highly preferred.
- Desire and ability to manage processes and other staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Team leader/Chief of Party role on large development projects preferred.
- Proficiency in Arabic, French, Hindi, Portuguese, Spanish, or another pertinent foreign language a plus.