|Position: Senior Roads Sector Expert
|Country: Eastern Europe & Mediterranean
|Posted Date: 2/6/2019||
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
The objective of the project is to support improved infrastructure project preparation capacity and facilitate an increase in sustainable PPPs in Eastern Europe and the Mediterranean.
The position is short-term technical assistance and will report to the Project Director in the home office in Washington, D.C.
The Primary Responsibilities may include components of the following:
Large-Scale Planning and Prioritization:
- Performing a diagnostic of a country’s roads sector;
- Performing gap analysis of the sector’s enabling environment (including legal and regulatory environment, investment climate, institutional capacity, etc.);
- Evaluating a national master plan for the roads sector;
- Support to establish a framework for climate resilience measures for the road network;
- Supporting with project identification and prioritization for road sector projects;
- Providing capacity strengthening to achieve improvements of professional skills and competencies of representatives of public sector stakeholders and subordinated road sector organizations in the field of road sector management;
- Assisting with improving operational efficiencies with a National Road Authority, if applicable;
Project-Specific Support and Analysis:
- Preparing technical components of prefeasibility and feasibility assessments of road (toll and non-toll roads) projects under consideration including proposing cost estimates for civil works;
- Performing price-elasticity analyses and preparing traffic demand forecasts;
- Conducting technical due diligence of road (toll and non-toll roads) projects; and
- Supporting preparation of Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) for roads sector projects, including concession strategies and technical components of bidding documents.
- At least ten (10) years of professional work experience, with a major focus on either road sector reform and planning or road sector PPPs, or both;
- Bachelors level degree or equivalent in the fields of engineering, business, finance, law or other related fields;
- Familiarity with local conditions in the Eastern European and Mediterranean region;
- Previous experience in technical feasibility study preparation and technical design of road (toll road and non-toll road) projects;
- Experience in technical due diligence of road sector projects, both projects fully funded by the government and for PPPs;
- Participation in at least five (5) road sector projects with relevance to the primary responsibilities listed above;
- Lead role in at least three (3) road sector projects with relevance to the primary responsibilities within the last 7 years;
- Familiarity with HDM-4;
- Experience working with multilateral development banks (EBRD, WB, AfDB, ADB, IDB, ect)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- Fluency in English required