|Position: Managing Associate, Infrastructure & Financial Solutions
|Country: United States||Province/State: Virginia
|Employment Type: Full Time Home Office Position||Posted Date: 11/8/2019
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
This position will report to the Vice President: Financial Solutions & International Development.
- Perform technical analysis for infrastructure projects, including feasibility, financial analysis, policy analysis, etc;
- Apply financial modeling and economic analysis methods (e.g. Financial due diligence, Value for Money or cost-benefit analyses) to support relevant projects;
- Represent Nathan as technical expert, facilitate workshops, and hold stakeholder meetings on field visits for relevant projects;
- Draft reports and models for clients; and
- Make presentations to clients and colleagues on technical subjects relating to project finance, public-private partnerships (PPPs), investments and/or infrastructure development.
- Serve as project manager for designated projects including: deliverable coordination, technical direction, staffing, contractual/subcontract oversight, budgeting, monitoring of progress, review of final products;
- Maintain and manage a positive working relationship with consultants and clients;
- Draft terms of reference for technical assistance activities for designated projects; and
- Training and instruction of junior staff.
- Manage proposals and business development initiatives;
- Provide technical and overall inputs for proposals and business development;
- Participate in overseas marketing initiatives, targeting key private and/or multi-lateral clients (World Bank, Inter-American Development Bank, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, USAID, DFID, USTDA or others); and
- Conceptualize and draft marketing materials in consultation with communications staff.
- Masters or advanced degree in relevant field such as Finance, Economics, Business, or Engineering;
- Six or more years of progressively responsible technical experience in international development, infrastructure, or investments;
- Experience in project management for various clients, preferably experience with World Bank, USAID, and other multilaterals;
- Experience leading and writing proposals for development finance institutions, international development organizations and/or other multilaterals
- Fluency in Excel and preferably with some modeling experience;
- Strong analytical and communication capabilities, critical thinking skills;
- Able to work independently and in teams on assignments; self-motivated professional with attention to detail and passion for development;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Experience working in and willingness to travel overseas; and
- Relevant experience in financial and economic analysis and modeling, use of statistical software preferred;
- Technical experience preferred in specific infrastructure sectors (e.g. telecom, transportation, clean energy or urban development)
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish language preferred;
- Experience and familiarity with Public Private Partnerships preferred.
- US work authorization required.