|Position: Gender Advisor
|Country: Lebanon||City: Beirut
|Posted Date: 2/13/2020
Nathan is seeking a Gender Advisor candidate for a Trade and Investment Activity in Lebanon. The Gender Advisor will be responsible for the design and integration of gender interventions for the anticipated project. This will involve ensuring project implementation integrates gender throughout the project life, liaising with government partners, project stakeholders on gender-related issues, activities, and indicators, assisting in designing and implementing women’s economic empowerment activities across program components, and training stakeholders and staff as necessary.
The Gender Advisor will report directly to the COP and work in coordination with the technical leads and Nathan home office personnel, including a Nathan home office Gender Advisor.
Nathan Associates Inc. is currently seeking a Gender Advisor for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Lebanon. Preference will be given to local applicants.
- In collaboration with the Chief of Party, provide leadership and guidance on a gender integration and women’s economic empowerment strategy for the project;
- Collaborate with program component teams, all assigned government partner agencies, and project stakeholders to ensure integration of gender considerations into the design and implementation of project activities;
- Collaborate with program component teams to design and implement specific women’s economic empowerment activities in business enabling environment, trade, investment, entrepreneurship, and private sector engagement;
- Assist in undertaking program’s gender analysis, as well as activity-specific gender analyses and assessments as necessary during the life of the project;
- Incorporate Gender Action Plans into the project’s Annual Work Plan that will demonstrate gender considerations for each intervention, including identifying opportunities to use affirmative action to support women entrepreneurs and women-owned businesses;
- Develop indicators for gender activities for incorporation into the project Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) plan;
- Train government partners and other stakeholders on gender and economic growth topics relevant to the program;
- In collaboration with the COP and the DCOP, work with stakeholders on their public events, media strategy and publications on gender and economic growth-related topics;
- Integrate gender activities and results in reports and documents for submission to USAID and Nathan headquarters; and,
- In collaboration with other technical experts and under the guidance of the Deputy Chief of Party, identify successful project gender interventions, lessons learned and policy recommendations that can be used to showcase the project in publications, at conferences or similar events.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Master’s preferred) in gender studies, sociology, economics, business administration, or a related field required;
- Seven (7) years or more of progressively responsible experience integrating gender into projects, operations and systems;
- Experience designing and implementing women’s economic empowerment activities, including in one or more of the following topics: business enabling environment (BEE), trade, investment and financial inclusion, entrepreneurship, and private sector engagement;
- Understanding of the socio-economic situation in Lebanon as it relates to gender sensitive programming;
- Demonstrated experience with gender-sensitive monitoring & evaluation;
- Strong existing relationships with Lebanese women’s networks, groups, and associations;
- Ability to maintain productive relationships with a diverse set of key stakeholders and staff;
- Understanding of USAID’s gender strategy.
- Lebanese national
- Fluency in spoken Arabic and English; and,
- Demonstrated excellence in English and Arabic writing and composition skills.
- Experience with USAID-funded projects preferred;
- Experience designing and facilitating trainings on gender integration and women’s economic empowerment topics;
- Experience conducting gender analyses and assessments.
Please apply by submitting a CV and Cover letter in English to LebanonTradeRecruit@nathaninc.com by February 21, 2020. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply at the earliest and should list their areas of expertise in the subject line. Nathan Associates is an equal opportunity employer. Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Local applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.