|Position: Operations Director
|Country: Vietnam||City: Hanoi
|Posted Date: 8/19/2020
Nathan Associates Inc. is currently implementing the USAID Trade Facilitation Program (“the Program”), a five-year (May 2018 – May 2023) project that aims to support the adoption and implementation of a risk–based approach to customs and specialized inspection institutions in Vietnam.
In this context, the Program will work with the General Department of Vietnam Customs (GDVC) to strengthen Vietnam’s National Trade Facilitation Committee (NTFC) and Working Groups; streamline border clearance procedures (including specialized inspection implemented by other line ministries and agencies); harmonize the implementation of risk-based approaches between
the national and provincial levels; train national and provincial customs officials and staff from other ministries; and facilitate dialogue between customs and business and between stakeholders in Hanoi and in the provinces.
Nathan is currently seeking an Operations Director to support Program activities.
As Operations Director, the candidate will report to the Chief of Party and manage day-to-day operations of program activities throughout Vietnam and the office operations in Hanoi.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The Operations Director will be responsible for the following:
- Manage and lead supervision of field office administration;
- Coordinate closely with the Home Office team on the project’s operations, serving as primary point of contact with the Nathan HO on operational issues;
- Working with the Key Experts, finalizing approval documents for review and submission by the COP;
- Oversee coordination of workshops, trainings, and events;
- Ensure proper management of electronic file: technical deliverables, approvals, administrative letters, technical communications, etc. including pro-actively identification of compliance risks, and strengthening existing procedures;
- Ensure transparent, fair, and USAID-compliant procurement of equipment, supplies, services, and other administrative and operational needs’
- Keep the project activity tracking files up to date (travels, employees’ annual/sick leaves, procurement, contracts, etc.);
- Lead the hiring and onboarding process including reviewing biodatas, negotiating rates, and extending offer letters;
- Maintain and strengthen effective systems and procedures for HR management in line with Nathan policies and is compliant with national employment laws;
- Contribute to the success of the Program by empowering personal and team growth and actively promoting and supporting a positive organizational culture, including leading by example;
- Review contracts, letters of agreements and other contractual documents for accuracy, completeness and compliance;
- Provide inputs for the project’s financial pipeline by tracking project expenditures and providing cost estimates as needed;
- Managing the project’s cash forecasts and tracking of funding sources and activity budgets including supporting the Home Office in preparing quarterly accrual statements;
- Ensure that financial management systems, policies, and procedures in the field office follow both Nathan Associates policies and federal regulations;
- Provide information required for internal and external audits;
- Assist with reviewing supporting financial documents for purchases including invoices, payment vouchers, timesheets, etc.;
- Together with the Communications Manager and team, support collection of information reporting as well as monitoring and evaluation as necessary;
- Other tasks as directed by the Chief of Party and/or Home Office Project Director.
The Operations Director will manage the administrative team in Hanoi.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 7 years of operational management experience at international companies or NGOs in a mid-senior level position;
- A relevant degree BA/ BS required, MA/MS preferred (business management, public administration or related field)
- At least 5 years of experience with international development cooperation and with managing projects and programs of different donors, especially with USAID;
- Have experience in leading multicultural teams;
- Fluent in English and Vietnamese, with excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Interested candidates should send their CV, cover letter and three (3) references to HR@vietnamtfp.com with the subject line: “Operations Director Application – LAST NAME, FIRST NAME”. The deadline of submission is 17:00 Hanoi Time, August 28, 2020.
This position is restricted to Vietnamese nationals. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.