|Position: Practice Lead, Transport & Logistics
|Job Order ID: 2250||Country: United States
|City: Arlington, VA
|Employment Type: Office Based||Posted Date: 3/3/2021
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, Delhi, and Chennai. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; Structured Finance & Investment; and Transportation & Logistics.
The Practice Lead, Transportation and Logistics, will be responsible for identifying and pursuing business opportunities with donor organizations, governments, and the private sector, drawing on the firm’s reputation in infrastructure, transportation, logistics, energy, and telecommunications. S/He will be supported by and be responsible for building and leading a portfolio of domestic and international projects, contributing substantially to technical delivery, and leading and contributing to business development efforts. S/He will remain current on international best practice, develop innovative solutions, and apply his/her technical expertise on short-term assignments. This position may require intermittent travel to the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and Latin America and the Caribbean.
Management and Technical Leadership
- Serve as a lead technical expert for transport and logistics projects in a range of disciplines including but not limited to ports, roads, rail, aviation, energy, and telecommunications.
- Participate in the delivery of project preparation, due diligence, feasibility studies, economic analysis, and other assessments and project design activities.
- Support Nathan’s project finance team in the development of public-private partnerships and the provision of transaction advisory services.
- Current, emerging, and new donor client engagement with US Agency for International Development (USAID), US Department of Transportation (DOT), US Trade Development Agency (USTDA), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), US Development Finance Corporation (DFC), Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), the World Bank, Inter-American Development Bank, and UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO).
- Effectively engage and forge strong working relationships with US, international, regional, and local transport, logistics, engineering, and energy companies.
- Manage a growing portfolio of domestic and international transportation and logistics projects while performing effective project supervision and management.
- Maintain positive client relationships, ensure the delivery of high quality services and contract execution, and manage to profitability.
- Serve as a team leader for long and short-term assignments.
- Participate in the development of the annual operation plan (AOP) and strategic plans.
- Foster the One Nathan concept by collaborating with other Nathan business lines, subsidiaries, and units including with other Nathan technical groups (Trade & Logistics, Structured Finance & Investment, and Private Sector Development).
- Lead the growth and development of Nathan’s portfolio of transport and logistics projects in accordance with the three-year strategic plan and AOP.
- Identify new programming trends in transport and logistics and develop concrete, time-bound action plans to strategically position Nathan for new opportunities.
- Proactively identify new business opportunities including programs funded by USAID, DOT, USTDA, other USG agencies, other donors, financial institutions, and private sector clients.
- Plan and oversee BD capture efforts. Lead and participate on specific BD activities, including proposal preparation and management (including serving as the Proposal Director, Lead Technical Writer, or Capture Lead).
- Ensure excellent quality of proposals submitted.
- Market and outreach to key clients, partners, and stakeholders. Enhance Nathan’s reputation capital by participating in conferences, working groups, and other professional networks.
- Coordinate with International Development, Advisory, and the London and India offices on priority proposals.
- Conceptualize, draft, and review T&L marketing materials including website content, marketing collateral, press releases, and social media content/campaigns.
- MBA, M.A., or M.S. degree in relevant field.
- More than 12 years of relevant work experience with global expertise in transportation and logistics, infrastructure, and project finance in emerging and development markets. Previous experience working with USAID, USTDA, or other international donors required. US domestic experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, decision-making, teambuilding, and management skills.
- Experience in successful project, financial, and contract management.
- Long-term overseas experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and communication capabilities.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Foreign language skills preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the United States