· Ideal candidate brings a post-secondary education in Business Administration/ Supply Chain Management/ Engineering/ Contract Administration with 3-5 years pertinent experience or 8 years of equivalent experience with projects and/or construction projects.
· Knowledge and understanding of contract law, procurement practices/processes and tasks with emphasis on complex procurement where the participation of technical experts is required (technical experts, legal, quality assurance).
· Demonstrated understanding of contract terminology and contract interpretation, contract strategies, pricing models and contract risks.
· Formal training and/or demonstrated experience in relationship management, conflict resolution and negotiation.
· Must be able to work in a team environment both within Supply Chain and with internal clients.
· Must be able to work independently, establish priorities in order to meet conflicting deadlines, and resolve conflicts promptly.
· Strong computer skills. Advanced level capability in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint).
· Outstanding organizational skills and oral and written communication capabilities.
· Strong sense of accountability, work ethic and analytical skills required.
· Demonstrated ability to lead others through influence rather than authority.
· Maintain clear, concise documentation on all stages of the procurement.
· Supply Chain Canada Certification or enrollment in a Diploma program is an asset.
· Technical background or demonstrated understanding of design/construction contracts would be an asset
· Knowledge and experience with a variety of Quality Assurance programs.