THIS CAN BE A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY for a Contracts Officer. This role is responsible for contracting moderately complex goods and services on behalf of our client whilst ensuring fair value for money, to meet the requirements of clients, jurisdictional authorities, and company policies and procedures in a timely and cost-effective manner while mitigating risk and liability. This role works independently and is responsible for managing the relationship between Supply Chain and internal clients. There is interaction with Vendors, other departments and stakeholders is necessary in the role.
· Works with internal clients to develop contract strategies, scope documents, critical success factors and evaluation criteria for identified contract requirements.
· Acts as the client interface and enabler to deliver solutions to specific projects and client groups and provides procurement support, expertise and coaching, as required to ensure alignment with policies, procedures and applicable terms and conditions and to create a fair and transparent procurement process.
· Applies professional judgement using a graded approach commensurate to the nature and risk of the specific acquisition.
· Conducts market research to determine approach to market and identify potential suppliers.
· Establishes strategic relationships with key suppliers who are aligned to the company’s needs and identifies new suppliers, agreeable terms and negotiate supply arrangement where appropriate, including discount structure and volume rebates with the company’s best interest in mind.
· Develops, in conjunction with internal stakeholders, and issues contract documents (RFPI, RFEOI - Requests for Expressions of Interest, RFP - Request for Proposal, RFPQ - Request for PreQualifications) to market and manages solicitation process.
· Conducts Bidders Meetings with prospective proponents and key internal stakeholders.
· Performs commercial evaluation of bid submissions and prepares detailed procurement recommendations reflective of commercial thinking and contextually relevant aspects of the commercial and technical evaluations.
· Conducts contract award process and negotiates with selected proponents, including issuing notification of award, letters of regret and providing proponents feedback where deemed appropriate.
· Authorize contract strategies, award recommendation and issues purchase orders, on behalf of firm, within the delegated financial authorities for the position.
· Coordinates “lessons learned” meetings in a manner that captures and communicates any lessons learned as a result of the procurement process and/or market engagement.
· Ensures risks and opportunities related to the contract are identified, assessed, mitigated and managed effectively throughout the process.
· Provides post-award contract oversight during the execution of the contract.
· Maintains comprehensive contract files documenting contractual requirements and communications.