PAE is a leader in providing worldwide solutions for base operations, logistics, construction, airfield operations, and personnel placement.
PAE is currently seeking a Lt. Firefighter to support the Antarctic Support Contract and the National Science Foundation’s United States Antarctic Program.
• Implements as assigned, the fire protection programs that conform to the United States Antarctic Program, including the operation of the ASC contract locations in Antarctica
• Responsible for day-to-day operations or as directed by the Fire Captain. Conducts inspections and ensures the operations are conducted according to the Fire Department SOP’s and NFPA guidelines
• Ensures that emergency equipment under the control of the fire department is operational and in a state of readiness as determined by the Captain.
• Responds to and supervises on emergencies as necessary in accordance with the CEMP.
• Responsible for entering reports and documenting calls for service during the course of his/her shift.
• Responsible for daily entry of equipment, training data, and all department activities in FireHouse Software.
• Performs and supervises training of Fire Department personnel and fire safety training for the community.
• Interacts with agency officials and the community in a professional and tactful manner.
• Provides supervision to firefighters and is responsible for pre-season and post-season written performance evaluations.
• May be required to provide ARFF assistance at the South Pole.
• Handles confidential matters (personnel actions, management reports, etc.) in accordance with management policy.
• Performs duties in support of Operations Division metrics. Trains and orients employees on RPSC safety guidelines, quality assurance requirements and fire department goals.
• Support the achievement of ASC metrics, whether metrics can be directly or indirectly, effected by this position’s activities.
• Required to know and follow the SOP’s and adhere to professional behavior both on duty and off duty.
• Performs additional duties as assigned by the Captain